28/03/2011

100 years old man marries 93 years old girlfriend

100 years old man marries 93 years old girlfriend

Forrest Lunsway & Rose Pollard of California have proved that Love has no age, no limits and no death! Forrest Lunsway is aged 100 and Rose Pollard is aged 93. They became the oldest couple in the world to get married following a 28 year courtship.
They got married recently on March 19th at t he Dana Point Community Centre. They have a combined age of 193 which makes them the worlds oldest couple to have got married.
Forrest Lunsway and Rose Pollard of California met 30 yrs ago on the dance floor of a community centre. Both share great love for dancing
Rose said she initially told him she’d never marry him but she finally succumbed when he had popped the question last year.
She said: “I told him up front I had no intention of getting married. But then one day he asked me ‘how come we never got married?’ and I said ‘because you never asked me’.
“So he got down on one knee and said ‘Well I’m asking you now, just set the date’. I told him ‘I’ll marry you on your 100th birthday’. And I did.”
Forrest added: “She never thought I’d ask her and I never thought she’d say yes, but here we are. We’ve got many happy years left as I intend to stick around until I’m at least 110. You’ve got to use it or lose it.”
The earlier record was between Harry Corton & Edna Holford of Barnsley, England. Their combined age was 183.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...